Sunday, June 26, 2011

One from PSD

Nikon D90, ISO 400, AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G at 18mm, f/5.6 @ 1/1250. No flash.
Nik Viveza, Nik Tonal Contrast.


In April I attended a workshop conducted by the "PSD Experience," in which they brought together a number of mentors and presenters in the style of After Dark. The fact that it was in Norfolk made it irresistible.

I mostly attended sessions, as there were presenters on marketing and on DSLR video, in which I have a keen and abiding professional interest. I did do on a couple of shoots, one led by David Beckstead, who has a stunning style when it comes to wedding photography. (He conducted a one-day workshop the following day, which I really wanted to attend, but could not due to the press of other business. My loss.)

Beckstead brought his model onto the streets of Norfolk of posed her in a way that led to some unconventional bridal poses. A little post processing helps to dramatize as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment